Friday, April 4, 2008

A Familiar place…

It did not take long…

Just a few moments were enough to re-kindle that old feeling…

Brought on by that familiar place…

Many a morning had been spent at this familiar place…

Early mornings…

Mornings sometimes spent with others…

Sometimes alone…

A business place…

Many a meeting had taken place there over the years…

Agreements were made…

Plans were changed…

Adjustments were made…

Nothing really notable about the place itself…

But rather the agenda covered…

Just an dimly lit prayer room at Royalwood UPC…

But when I knelt there a couple of days ago…

I remembered the meeting held and issues settled in this dimly lit meeting room...

That old familiar feeling was still there…

Because HE was still there…

He never left…

The familiar place…

Do you have a familiar place where you life can be changed and restructured through the power of prayer?

Many people have a place…

But it is not FAMILIAR…

Get a place and spend some time there…

Enough time to make it familiar…

 

4 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Great post, Myron! Love you

Just a thought said...

I would barrow two things this morning one the name you have chosen for your blog, “view from the cross,” and your thought for the day a familiar place. There still stands a building in Bakersfield. Going back many, many years and when that building faced north and south. I found my first view of the cross and that great experience with Jesus. Over the years I have sat in that same pew and realized that He was still there. The building was changed to face east and west and a wall was put where that pew once was. More than once I have knelt close to that spot and felt the same presence. The building was sold and changed. On day I walked in to the back of that building and in a moment of deep need put my head against the outside wall close to that place and guess what, I felt that same presence was there to meet my troubled spirit. I read the, Jesus went back to the place that John first baptized. There is nothing wrong, but many things right with returning to the place of first.

Mervi
http://passthisway.blogspot.com/

Views From The Cross said...

Glad you liked it. In Genesis 28, Jacob encounters God and the ladder from Heaven. He then names the place "Bethel." In Genesis 35, God speaks to Jacob and tells him, "Go back to Bethel, and DWELL there." It was there that Jacob built a new altar. There are some new consecrations that need to be made at the old familiar place. and on and on I could go!!!

Trent Smith said...

good post! Yeah me and Jesus have all kinds of good talks @ my little corner of CUPC. Sometimes I don't even pray I just go in there and sit there hoping just to get a little bit more Jesus in me. Thanks for the post, and thanks for you and Kim being good examples to Calah and I.